Author Topic: API Forum Management  (Read 10177 times)

mistersparky

• EFRON
  • Administrator
  • Terrible CEO
Re: API Forum Management
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 10:27:44 AM »
To create an API key for this, please visit the official Eve Online website here - https://support.eveonline.com/api/Key/Index. You will need to create a new API key, assuming you don't have an existing one you are able to use. We currently believe that no extra options are needed for this API key (ie, you don't need to tick any of the boxes!). Once you have an appropriate key, you can then enter the ID and verification code into the forums. This can either be done during the registration process, or for existing members via the Temars Eve API section of your forum profile.
Is that any better?

Belendeuth

• Corp - EFRON
  • 1000+ posts can't all be wrong!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 12:56:59 PM »
To create an API key for this, please visit the official Eve Online website here - https://support.eveonline.com/api/Key/Index. You will need to create a new API key, assuming you don't have an existing one you are able to use. We currently believe that no extra options are needed for this API key (ie, you don't need to tick any of the boxes!). Once you have an appropriate key, you can then enter the ID and verification code into the forums. This can either be done during the registration process, or for existing members via the Temars Eve API section of your forum profile.
Is that any better?
I haven't tried it (I think I selected 1-2 boxes in the public info section), but yeah, it looks good. Maybe someone who still needs to do this can give it a try?

mistersparky

• EFRON
  • Administrator
  • Terrible CEO
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »
FURTHER UPDATE

The forum mod is now active. Access to any Eve related board, alliance or otherwise, is now fully controlled by API keys. This applies to both new registrations and existing members.

If you can no longer see boards you think you should be able to see, please see the instructions above about entering API key details into your profile, then drop me (mistersparky) a line in game.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 02:10:59 PM by mistersparky »

Darkdood

• Corp - EFRON
  • EFRON
  • I lag therefor I am.
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 06:02:49 PM »
Is that any better?
Perfect. Thx.

Red Woodson

• [EFRON] Red Woodson
  • EFRON
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 06:27:10 PM »
Heh, I thought I'd eventally get used to being unable to see all but 3 subforums.  Taking longer than I thoight it would.

Edit: typoes
When don't have a good enough interwebs connection to play eve, you forum warrior.  When you forum warrior, you annoy the wrong people.  When you annoy the wrong people, you have a contract put out on you.  Don't have a contract put out on you, get better interwebs.

mistersparky

• EFRON
  • Administrator
  • Terrible CEO
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 04:59:10 PM »
Heh, I thought I'd eventally get used to being unable to see all but 3 subforums.  Taking longer than I thoight it would.

Slap some API details in, and I can fix that for you.

Darkdood

• Corp - EFRON
  • EFRON
  • I lag therefor I am.
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 08:48:02 PM »

Slap some API details in, and I can fix that for you.

Urm didn't Red turn off his accounts?

Red Woodson

• [EFRON] Red Woodson
  • EFRON
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 01:05:24 AM »
What darkdood said.  My accounts are inactve until I can find reliable interwebs at a reasonable price in the middle of nowhere.  Mostly been using my phone to keep up with forums.  Meh, I will get it sorted sooner or later.
When don't have a good enough interwebs connection to play eve, you forum warrior.  When you forum warrior, you annoy the wrong people.  When you annoy the wrong people, you have a contract put out on you.  Don't have a contract put out on you, get better interwebs.

mistersparky

• EFRON
  • Administrator
  • Terrible CEO
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2011, 03:26:45 PM »
What darkdood said.  My accounts are inactve until I can find reliable interwebs at a reasonable price in the middle of nowhere.  Mostly been using my phone to keep up with forums.  Meh, I will get it sorted sooner or later.
You don't need an active account to create and edit custom API details, do you?

Ydnari

• Corp - EFRON
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2011, 04:10:22 PM »

Yes, you do - certainly with the old API key system, and I don't see why they would have changed it

Letri Bimmet

• [EFRON] Letri Bimmet
  • EFRON Directors
  • It's Nevets 2.0 vs Rizendoekie!
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2011, 04:13:21 PM »
Guess i should put in my api setti.gs then too eh.
another EFRON ex director, Yes they are plentyfull around these parts

mistersparky

• EFRON
  • Administrator
  • Terrible CEO
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011, 04:38:17 PM »

Yes, you do - certainly with the old API key system, and I don't see why they would have changed it
Ah, ok. What about existing API keys for expired accounts - do they work?

Red Woodson

• [EFRON] Red Woodson
  • EFRON
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2011, 05:16:33 PM »
No.
Edit:  or at least it never has for me.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 05:19:15 PM by Red Woodson »

Ydnari

• Corp - EFRON
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2011, 06:13:25 PM »
They're not supposed to, there is an error code specifically for "can't access this, expired account"

mistersparky

• EFRON
  • Administrator
  • Terrible CEO
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 11:53:07 PM »
FURTHER UPDATE

The forum mod is now active. Access to any Eve related board, alliance or otherwise, is now fully controlled by API keys. This applies to both new registrations and existing members.

If you can no longer see boards you think you should be able to see, please see the instructions above about entering API key details into your profile, then drop me (mistersparky) a line in game.
Just a quick bump. If your in game status has changed and, or you can no longer see boards you used to be able to see, please contact me.